Welcome to the Hawthorne Counseling Center!
The vision of the Hawthorne Middle School comprehensive school counseling program is to facilitate equal access to a comprehensive school counseling program for all students, and that this program serves as an integral piece of the overall educational experience. The HMS school counseling program will also promote collaboration between school counselors, educators, parents, and other stakeholders to ensure that the needs and goals of every student are addressed so that each student can be successful in high school and beyond.
The Hawthorne school counseling program is dedicated to recognizing each student as a unique individual and preparing every student socially, academically, and emotionally for present and future challenges. We advocate for every student and work in collaborative partnerships to empower students to become lifelong learners who are responsible, productive citizens.The counseling program, aligned with the ASCA National Standards, will support achievement for all students so that they will become productive members of society.
Counseling Office Staff
Erika Rayfield: Email Counselor
Brennon Bird: Email Counselor
Callie Ceci-Cannon: Email Social Worker
Pamela Pitcher: Counseling Center Secretary
Resources for Learners and Families
New After-School Activities
Greetings Hawthorne Parents and Students!
There are now several after-school activities in place.
- ELA tutoring every Tuesday from 3:35 - 4:35 in Room 203
- Math tutoring every Thursday from 3:35 - 4:35 in Room 311
- Extra help or after-school detention is held on Mondays 2:35 - 3:35
There are multiple clubs, and athletic activities happening after school too! Check out our club page for more details about clubs. If any student needs help on homework during a club activity, please speak with the advising teacher! We are there to help you.
All students not involved with a club, tutoring, or athletic activity, are not permitted in the hallways after school.
During Flex classes we have two classwork days. Wednesday is a designated Reading/Catch-up on classwork day. Fridays are a school-wide Catch-up on your classwork day. Please use this time wisely!
Just as a reminder to all students:
- Cell phones are not allowed in classrooms or in hallways during school hours.
- You are expected to get to class on time. Please get to class before the bell. Students will be assigned lunch detention and/or after-school detention if excessively late to class.
- Please report all bullying or harassment to the administration, a teacher, or a staff member.
- Respectful behavior is expected in the hallways, bathrooms, cafeteria, classrooms, and all common areas at all times.
We would like to thank all of our learners who are showing respect, leadership, and integrity.